[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] dvdnav in svn ?

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 17:44:43 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/21/06, Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at email.it> wrote:
> Hi,
> what about adding to svn libdvdnav in order to improve it?
> I plan to remove some cruft (e.g. the embedded dvdread) and add some code
> to address certain limitations that prevent mplayer from using it
> (e.hg. code to identify the codec type and real id for audio and spu
> streams,
> to permit the usage of -slang and -alang, precise seeking, better
> programmable
> playback control, possibly more).

Well, if dvdnav dev team can't pick up patches that you can come up
with, so forking dvdnav is the only solution I have no objection.
I however think that it would be better for the community if whatever
is wrong with dvdnav could be dealt with upstream.

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!