[MPlayer-dev-eng] MSGTRs for mencoder.c, vd.c, libass

mail at kraymer.de mail at kraymer.de
Fri Nov 17 14:58:48 CET 2006

Hi there,

I continued some work on removing message strings from the sources to put
them into the help file. This time, I present three patches.
One is for mencoder.c, small size, pretty straightforward.

Another one is vor libmpdemux/vd.c and contains only one message. However,
I find the description rather bad. Would be nice if someone could explain
what it means or propose a wording that is a bit more explanatory.
The last one is the biggest one, it applies to all files in libass/.
Probably this patch needs some discussion.I noticed there were LIBSUB and LIBASS prefixes. I changed them to [ass],
like all the other messages. Is that correct?Like in the alsa patch, some messages are prefixed by the method names
they are originating from. In case of alsa it was agreed that these are
rather debugging help and thus could be removed. Same here?
Please comment. :)

Sebastian