[MPlayer-dev-eng] Adding

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Nov 7 08:36:38 CET 2006

Merhaba,

On Mon, 6 Nov 2006 12:05:40 +0200
bora.sahin at ttnet.net.tr wrote:

> I have a MIPS based SoC(Au1200) which has some mpeg decoding capabilities.
> Normally vendor supplies decoding libraries and a proof of concept player
> which uses that SDK but it's not enough.
> 	maiplayer	-> MAI SDK
> I want to use mplayer as player. Backend will be SDK as before.
> 	mplayer	-> MAI SDK
>
> How can I add MAI SDK support to mplayer? Is it meaningful? Where should I
> start?

It makes definitly sense, especialy if you are CPU limited.

Depending on what codecs you want to decode you can
either add the capabilities to the decoder itself
(either mplayer internal or from ffmpeg/libavcodec)
or you can use the same infrastructure as the
dxr2/3 cards use (hardware mpeg decoder cards)
that plug into the vo (video out) system.
Maybe the best point to start would be to see
whether the libvo/vo_dxr2.c resp libvo/vo_dxr3.c
can be modified to use your SDK.

Something that you definitly also want to do is
to later optimize the data transfere to your
graphics card/video output device. This is together
with the CPU the biggest bottleneck.

			Attila Kinali

                         -- Deed of Morred