[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: mmx.h license issues

A Mennucc debdev at tonelli.sns.it
Mon Nov 6 19:34:00 CET 2006

hi

mmx.h comes from a library that may still be found at
http://fresh.t-systems-sfr.com/linux/src/libmmx-990416.tgz

that lib was made available from a web site that is no more; but I found
 it using google at
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:NT57YsTOpKYJ:eetpc20.bd.psu.edu/~rfisher/Research/Libmmx/libmmx.html
I also attach it (just in case Google deletes the cache). The most
important point is that the author writes:
"We have dropped the Purdue-style license, and placed libmmx in the
public domain. Please read the notification at the top of the file mmx.h"

So, it seems that the author intended to put the lib in the public
domain. I wrote an email to the author to ask for more clarifications.

a.

ps: the file mmx.h in MPlayer and in the above tar.gz are not identical,
there are some diffs