[MPlayer-dev-eng] The path to RC2

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Nov 5 02:28:16 CET 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 04, 2006 at 03:47:50PM +0100, mail at kraymer.de wrote:
>
>> Speaking of translations, I'd love to have translatable messages
>> throughout whole mplayer/mencoder. Right now it's still a mix. If
>> you tell me how to do it I'm willing to help here.
>
> Replace printf by mp_msg in places where this hasn't happened yet.

And move translatable messages (I believe the criterion is "anything
with a language-specific word in it which is below MSGL_DEBUG"?) from
hardcoded strings to symbolic names defined in help/help_mp-en.h.

The latter could actually achieve the stated goal without the former,
but the former has to be done at some point anyway, and they're
sufficiently closely related that it makes a certain amount of sense to
do them at the same time.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.