[MPlayer-dev-eng] The path to RC2

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 18:40:57 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/1/06, Attila Kinali <attila at kinali.ch> wrote:
> Moin,
>
> According to our "release schedule" ( 20060506085930.01576587.attila at kinali.ch
> resp http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2006-May/042796.html )
> we wanted to release 1.0 this year. As we just released RC1 and because
> there are still some open issues, we will not be able to do so.
>
> In order to speed things a little bit up, i would like to
> ask what you think is needed for RC2 and how we could
> achieve it. If possible, i'd like to have an RC2 by the end of
> the year, so that we could make RC3 or 1.0 in spring or early summer.

What I'd like to see for RC2 or 1.0:

The damn GTK GUI gone: it's not maintained, and ppl are laughting at
us for having such an ugly and un-unsable 'thing' called GUI.

MPlayer's GUI is as good as gone.

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!