[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] split libmpdvdkit

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sat Nov 4 13:10:18 CET 2006

Hello,
On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 11:02:59PM +0100, Roberto Togni wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Nov 2006 18:51:48 +0100
> Nico Sabbi <nsabbi at email.it> wrote:
> > I'll propose it again: let's make it external
>
> Is it possible to use external libdvdread with internal libdvdcss?
> Afaik no distro ships libdvdcss unfortunately.

Exactly, people are crippled enough by default xine installs, I don't
want people to get a crippled MPlayer by default unless they start a
(more or less) massive google search beforehand.
Actually in that sense it might actually even be worth to consider
libdts - that is if libdts support wasn't so broken that only stereo
works.

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger