[MPlayer-dev-eng] BSD BT848 Radio interface (patch)

voroshil at gmail.com voroshil at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 11:00:20 CET 2006

Hi, Vladimir!
Vladimir Kushnir wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Thanks for a very good work.
> Now to the business :-) I've added BSD (well, actually FreeBSD and
> probably DragonFly) bktr (bsdbt848) interface to radio
> FM stream handling. What works: setting channels/frequencies, setting
> volume through line-in channel of OSS mixer and restoration of old
> value on exit. What doesn't work: setting arate and achannels (I
> think I could do that but - honestly - don't really see any reason to),
> setting of the different mixer device.
Good work!
Unfortunately, i cannot test your patch, because i havn't BSD already
installed.but i have some suggestions.

arate and achannels needed when listening/capturing radio through
PCI bus used, instead of from Line-in cable. they are used for synhronization
alsa/oss parameters with rawaudio demuxer one (radio module does not support
resampling audio at this time).
Though these parameters are not needed for listening radio using analog
cable between tuner and sound card.

> +double freq_min = 87.50, freq_max = 108.00;
> +int old_volume = 100;
I think, checking frequency range will be  usefull not only for bt848.
So i suggest to move checks out of bt848 #ifdef and make it global.
Same thing for keeping old volume feature. If you send theese changes as
individual patch i can test it for Linux or i can make patch myself
based on your code.

Another suggestion (just cosmetics): probably, instead of comment all init_frac
function, creation of CASE section inside existing with "return 1" will be enough.

Regards.

Vladimir Voroshilov mailto:voroshil at gmail.com
Omsk State University
JID: voroshil at jabber.ru