[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] split libmpdvdkit

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Fri Nov 3 19:39:52 CET 2006

On Fri, Nov 03, 2006 at 06:52:17PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Friday, 03 November 2006 at 15:02, Diego Biurrun wrote:

> > > I can't imagine one single good reason

> > > I like the idea.
> > > BTW, 1e10l to whomever merged the two in the first place
> >
> > It's done.
>
> Is there a reason to keep it in mplayer tree anymore? Many distros
> ship libdvdread anyway...

While our libdvdcss version is now vanilla, albeit a Subversion
snapshot, libdvdread is still patched.  I submitted our libdvdread
patches upstream some time ago, but they were not applied.  I might try
again one of these days unless somebody with more time beats me to it.

Also, we're still using an older version of libdvdread, 0.9.4, a patch
to upgrade to 0.9.5 was posted here, but it needs to be benchmarked
before it can be applied.

Diego