[MPlayer-dev-eng] [Bug?] with -vo sdl... '>' pauses the movie instead of skipping to the next one...

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Nov 3 12:56:36 CET 2006

Dirk wrote:

> The Wanderer wrote:
>
>> Dirk wrote:
>>
>>> Its the latest svn version...
>>
>> Bug reports do not belong on this mailing list unless they're
>> accompanied by patches, or at least indications of exactly what
>> code is wrong/what commit broke previously working behaviour.
>
> But I reported the bug HERE...

For one thing: no, you didn't. You sent an extremely brief E-mail
containing far less information than is invariably requested to here.
You also ignored the established procedures for sending in bug reports,
which would have told you that bug reports do not belong on the
development mailing list.

For another, how exactly does saying "But I did something which the
rules say I'm not supposed to" constitute an excuse for having done
something which the rules say you're not supposed to?

>> Also, E-mails where the body is shorter than the subject line are
>> generally inadvisable. (Not to mention that it's fairly bad form to
>> provide a piece of information *only* in the subject line,
>> especially if you then refer to it in the body of the message.)
>
> toolongdidntread...

If that's too long for you, you're in trouble in any technical forum.
Any good bug report, much less the discussion of that report, will be
significantly longer than that.

> are you the email police?

No. The above is more in the way of helpful advice, because posts like
the one you made are far more likely to be completely ignored (or
flamed, although there's not a lot of that here) than to get the kind of
response you're interested in.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.