[MPlayer-dev-eng] Improved remove-logo filter

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 14:48:48 CET 2006

Hi,

On 11/1/06, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:

[..]

> an opimizing compiler can make a copy, for example it could copy it to
> the stack, gcc may or may not be capable of that but that doesnt matter
> for the validity of the code ...
> also note that we had very significant speed gains from manually copying
> the cabac stuff in h.264 onto the stack so this is not a silly choice
> and the question why use one as input and one as output?
> well one might be somewhere (not the stack) but hold the uptodate value
> and one miht be on the stack and be the one used by later code

BTW, what's the part of CABAC routines that uses the stack extensively?
I'd like to see if I can write an AMD64 version that uses the
registers rather than using the stack, hoping that it's faster (it
should, though you never know with recent x86 CPUs)

Guillaume
--
With DADVSI (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DADVSI), France finally has
a lead on USA on selling out individuals right to corporations!