[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer SVN

Diego Biurrun diego at biurrun.de
Sun May 28 01:22:38 CEST 2006

On Sat, May 27, 2006 at 08:54:04PM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 14:50 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 11:40:43PM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > > First question should be whether it's worth doing even if someone is
> > > willing to do it. Of course it's nice if you're willing to work on the
> > > history, but if that means you're not willing to have the repo up until
> > > a day or more later then I think it is a net loss.
> >
> > I think you're overestimating what one day is worth...
>
> I don't think so. Problems in ancient repository history do not cause
> much harm in practice (even not having old history included in the
> normal development repository at all would usually be OK), so minimizing
> repository downtime is more important than fixing such problems. Also
> making an already long unplanned downtime even longer is worse than one
> day of planned downtime.

I'll see what I can do tomorrow.  Possibly I can set up the repository
and fix some rename operations later.

There is one rename I will have to fix, though.  There is a demux_mkv.c
file both in libmpdemux/ and libmpdemux/Attic/, this cannot be converted
without removing one of them.  Does anybody remember the history of
this?

Diego