[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer SVN

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Sat May 27 19:54:04 CEST 2006

On Sat, 2006-05-27 at 14:50 +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 11:40:43PM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> > First question should be whether it's worth doing even if someone is
> > willing to do it. Of course it's nice if you're willing to work on the
> > history, but if that means you're not willing to have the repo up until
> > a day or more later then I think it is a net loss.
>
> I think you're overestimating what one day is worth...

I don't think so. Problems in ancient repository history do not cause
much harm in practice (even not having old history included in the
normal development repository at all would usually be OK), so minimizing
repository downtime is more important than fixing such problems. Also
making an already long unplanned downtime even longer is worse than one
day of planned downtime.