[MPlayer-dev-eng] to michael

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Sat May 27 10:46:53 CEST 2006

On Fri, 26 May 2006 21:42:37 -0400
Jason Tackaberry <tack at urandom.ca> wrote:

> On Fri, 2006-05-26 at 18:13 +0200, Attila Kinali wrote:
> > I guess i don't have to mention that
> > a recieving MTA should be never ever run on a dynamic
> > IP (though we have a few of those shitheads on our lists).
>
> Why?

Because MTAs behind dyn IPs are known to be more down
than up. Which leads to the problem that the sending MTAs
queues fill up.

The only reasonable thing to do in such a case is to use an
MTA behind a fix IP that is always up as a proxy and
fetch mail from there using pop/imap/reverse smtp.

			Attila Kinali

--
心をこめて聞け心をこめて話せ