[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer SVN

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Fri May 26 23:03:40 CEST 2006

On Fri, 26 May 2006 22:16:08 +0200
Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 09:27:47PM +0200, Roberto Togni wrote:
> >
> > What are we going to do with it? The options are to manually fix all
> > repository hacks (renames, moves, ...) by hand, convert everything
> > as-is, or anything in the middle.
> >
> > The latest rename i remember is linux->osdep, and that was at 0.90 time
> > (Feb 2003).
> > If you remember any recent renames please tell about them.
>
> Off the top of my head:
>
> TVout             --> TOOLS/TVout
> help_mp*          --> help/help_mp*
> DOCS/xx/mplayer.1 --> DOCS/man/xx/mplayer.1
> DOCS/German/      --> DOCS/de/ (and similar for the other languages)
>
> > Converting the FFmpeg repository took one week, MPlayer will take much
> > longer (assuming somebody wants to do it).
> > Honestly i don't think we should care about fixing everything,
> > expecially 3 years or older stuff.
>
> I started this, I'm willing to finish it.  Yes, the MPlayer repo is
> bigger than FFmpeg and will thus take longer to process, but I'll be
> able to avoid the mistakes I made on FFmpeg that forced me to make some
> parts of the work several times.

[...]
Based on the FFmpeg experience, how many working hours do you expect
this to take?

I'm quite worried about the repository downtime, both for development
and users (pre7 more than 1 year old + cvs down is not good).

If there is any way to add the fixes at a later time I'm for going that
way, the SVN repository won't be more broken that current CVS anyway.

Ciao,
 Roberto