[MPlayer-dev-eng] gmx unconditionally rejects valid mails due to SORBS (=i need new mail provider!)

Julián Nuñez julian at proteger.org.ar
Fri May 26 16:43:02 CEST 2006

On 5/25/06, Michael Niedermayer <michaelni at gmx.at> wrote:
> so iam asking if someone could provide me a working pop3/smtp email or
> for suggestions of a useable mail provider ...
>
> my requirements are simple, nothing special
> * working POP3 & SMTP (IMAP might be nice too but ive survived without it
>   so this isnt really a factor ATM)
> * secure (POP3 & SMTP over SSL)
> * free (i wont pay for it and i wont accept advertisements appended to mails)
> * not in SORBS list of coarse :)
> * not doing any unconditional mail rejection based on random lists
> * logging of connection IPs&time (i once asked gmx if anyone tried to
>   access/hack my account and they told me they dont log anything but the
>   single last IP)
> * traffic will be mostly mailinglists with some rare once a month ~10-50mb
>   file (and the spam/viriis everyone receives these days ...)
> * limiting POP3/SMTP access to a a single IP is fine too (my IP is dynamic
>   theoretical IIRC but it never changes ...)
> * and the server should be dependable (not going to dissapear in a year
>   or at least provide .forward after "dissapearing")

What about gmail? It satisfies every requeriment in that list (except
for the loggin), plus it has web interfase and puts mails suspected as
spam in a spam folder wich don't get downloaded by pop3 until you mark
them as not-spam.
IMO it's spam filter is pretty good, I never had any of mplayer lists
mails marked as spam.

--
Back to the start, talk of the part
When the earth was cold as ice