[MPlayer-dev-eng] gcc -MM bug?

sci-fi at hush.ai sci-fi at hush.ai
Mon May 15 18:35:54 CEST 2006

re: "make depend" -MM .depend on OSX

I've noticed this for a very long time,
I finally reported it here, please see:
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2006-
January/039837.html

After reading that, please continue here:

Updating to XCode 2.2.1 did not help.

I have found further bugs with Apple's -fast switch esp. on
G5 e.g. -mcpu=970 (I have both now: old G4 Sawtooth and new
Dual G5 ["original" non-dual-core]).  I mean to say repeatedly
demonstratable bugs on other open projects, for ex. compiling
par2 (parchive at Sourceforge) with -fast will tend to miss
"header" records, but same code & files work when removing
-fast (only).

Wish I could afford a non-free ADC account (or someone
"donate" one to me <g>), I have no idea if this has been
properly reported to them.  I really wish we could use later
(official) gcc versions than 4.0.1, too.  I'd like to help
debug these problems but we'd need something more than the
free ADC there.

For now I recommend not using -fast at all anywhere, period.

If this is not your exact circumstance, then perhaps another
gcc option is being used that mimicks this -fast bug, and
knowing this would be _great_ if you can track down which
option(s) might be doing this.

Thanks for letting me "remind" you-all about this bug.  ;)

Concerned about your privacy? Instantly send FREE secure email, no account required
http://www.hushmail.com/send?l=480

https://www.hushssl.com?l=485