[MPlayer-dev-eng] lets devoice the world ;)

Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet reynaldo at opendot.cl
Mon May 15 06:33:55 CEST 2006

On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 10:28:02PM +0200, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 5/14/06, Rich Felker <dalias at aerifal.cx> wrote:
> >I'd

> >> Nonsense, devoice is the standard name for this operation.
> >
> >I said standard not arbitrarily-made-up-by-me. Google for devoice
> >filter then google for karaoke filter and see which one gives relevant
> >results.
> >
> >Anyway to me devoice is completely unintuitive for a name. Devoice to
> >me refers to a linguistic characteristic of consonants (making them
> >unvoiced instead of voiced) and not to removing the center channel of
> >a stereo stream.
>
> Rich, did you look at the code to see how the equation could be improved?
> It would be good if the sound distortion could be somewhat avoided.

My dear Guillaume ;)

I already told you that the equation* can be improoved, i also told
you how it can be improoved, I even put explicit coments regarding
future work on the filter in the source itself. Ill try to make the
necesarily arrangements this week, but, dont keepp your hopes to high,
any filter trying to do this kind of work* over an audio stream will
necesarily lead to distortion, as a matter of fact, what im doing here
is that, DISTORTING.

thanks for caring and please keep in tune for the next version ;)

Best regards

	Reynaldo