[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] de-autoconf configure

John Koleszar jkoleszar at on2.com
Thu May 11 14:14:38 CEST 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 09:00:53PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
>> On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 12:09:52AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
>>> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 06:04:15PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
>>> burnt.  There is no good way to tell at a glance (without reading the
>>> source) that it's a different thing.
>> Reading the README?
>
> Currently nothing in configure makes it clear that we do not use
> autoconf.

$ ./configure --help
<snip>
This configure script is NOT autoconf-based, even though its output is
similar.
It will try to autodetect all configuration options. If you --enable an
option
it will be forcefully turned on, skipping autodetection. This can break
compilation, so you need to know what you are doing.

Seems pretty clear to me :)

John