[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] de-autoconf configure

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Wed May 10 22:17:40 CEST 2006

On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 08:16:18PM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 01:52:55PM -0400, Rich Felker wrote:
> > On Wed, May 10, 2006 at 11:37:40AM +0200, Diego Biurrun wrote:
> > >
> > > I propose an environment variable AUTOCONF_ME_HARDER to restore the old
> > > behavior ;-P
> >
> > [ unrelated blathering ]
> >
> > Please drop this stupid idea asap!
>
> Instead of reading what was actually written you just jumped at certain
> keywords...

I was replying to the other email as well, where you said the
'skinnable configure' was something to consider.

In any case, having two different output behaviors with conditional
based on an environment variable is bloat. It may not be as bloated as
full 'skinnability' but it's still nonsense bloat.

Rich