[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] de-autoconf configure

Roberto Togni r_togni at tiscali.it
Tue May 9 21:35:16 CEST 2006

On Tue, 9 May 2006 09:43:24 +0200
Diego Biurrun <diego at biurrun.de> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> people always think we have an autoconfigure script.  Who's to blame
> them, the output looks just too similar.  Since FFmpeg has never
> suffered from this problem I thought we might as well give in and fix
> what I would call a usability problem.  I made a preliminary patch.
>
> Comments?

Can you post a "screenshot"?
I remember a "preview" at linuxtag, but I still have to test it.

The main question is: why?
Our configure output is clean, and the fact that it looks like all
other configure scripts is a good thing is in my opinion, not a bug.

Patch is trivial enough not to cause problems, but i see no real
reason for it.

<joke>Maybe you can make the first skinnable configure script :)</joke>

Ciao,
 Roberto