[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] libavcodec issue with bframes

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Mon May 8 19:59:09 CEST 2006

On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 19:35 +0200, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> for the release iam fine with MP_NOPTS_VALUE, for cvs after the release iam
> against it, when someone will need the timestamps in their encoder, filter or
> muxer they almost certainly wont dare or even know what to change

Yes it will need to be changed after the release; however I think the
proper behaviour is to feed timestamps from the source (not muxer) to
the front of the filter chain. Doing that will require changing the
parameter later anyway.

> and if they where entirely unused then changing the last argument to
> MP_NOPTS_VALUE couldnt affect this bug ...

Yes when encoding with libavcodec it at least checks the timestamp
values and breaks, I'm not aware of any useful functionality though.