[MPlayer-dev-eng] [BUG] libavcodec issue with bframes

Michael Niedermayer michaelni at gmx.at
Mon May 8 19:35:37 CEST 2006

Hi

On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 07:26:32PM +0300, Uoti Urpala wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-05-08 at 15:37 +0200, Jindrich Makovicka wrote:
> > Please try the attached patch. However, I am not sure if it doesn't
> > destroy all the expected functionality of the B-frame & PTS patches. Can
> > somebody with a better insight have a look?
>
> AFAIK those timestamps are not used by anything now and it's better to
> just disable them by changing the last parameter to MP_NOPTS_VALUE until
> other code has been changed.

for the release iam fine with MP_NOPTS_VALUE, for cvs after the release iam
against it, when someone will need the timestamps in their encoder, filter or
muxer they almost certainly wont dare or even know what to change

and if they where entirely unused then changing the last argument to
MP_NOPTS_VALUE couldnt affect this bug ...

[...]
--
Michael