[MPlayer-dev-eng] split configure [RFC]

Ivo ivop at euronet.nl
Sun May 7 23:51:44 CEST 2006

On Sunday 07 May 2006 23:26, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi
>
> i propose to split our configure script into several scripts ...
> why?
> because that way other projects could use parts of it, for example
> the part which selects gcc optimization flags
> (-march/-mcpu/-mtune/...)

I am currently working on something like this because I re-used parts of the
mplayer configure for other projects and got tired of fixing or changing
things in several places (all configure scripts of all "projects"). The
basic framework and most essential tests (cpu, architecture, os, compiler,
libraries, header files, et cetera) are done. I am currently in the process
of adapting it to mplayer. I am a little ill at the moment, but I hope to
present it in say one to two weeks. BTW it also involves a single Makefile
for the whole project with sane deps etc.. like make in the rootdir will
rebuild libvo if one of the vo's has changed and relink mplayer.

--Ivo