[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re:consecutive files

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Fri May 5 18:19:41 CEST 2006

mallikarjun wrote:
> thanks for the reply,but as i told you,everything should be dynamic in this process.
>  i must not supply more than one input and output file name.

Why not? This seems like a perfect situation for a wrapper script.

./menc-wrap.sh < list.txt

menc-wrap.sh:
#!/bin/bash
while read infile outfile ; do
   mencoder $infile -o $outfile <options>
done

list.txt:
infile1.avi outfile1.avi
infile2.avi outfile2.avi

If you have some more specific requirements then you'll have to tell us;
otherwise we'll keep giving you easy ways to do it and saying you should
have asked on mencoder-users rather than trying to hack mencoder.c. :)

Also, when responding to a message, please use your mail reader's
"reply" function.

-Corey