[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] RTC check in configure

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Wed Mar 29 06:01:28 CEST 2006

Diego Biurrun wrote:
> .. I couldn't sleep ..
>
> The RTC check we currently have in configure is suboptimal since we only
> check if RTC-related code can be compiled.  On PPC this works because
> there is a RTC emulation, but it's not enough for MPlayer to use.
>
> The attached program performs the ioctl calls instead.  Any better ideas
> or suggestions (the hardcoded /dev/rtc comes to mind)?
>
> Oh, does it work on x86? ;)

I tried it on amd64; I'm not sure what to look for.

> 	//return ioctl(rtc_fd, RTC_IRQP_SET, 1024);

Did you mean to leave that commented? Anyway, I ran the program with and
without the line commented.

bugfood at bugfood:/tmp$ gcc rtc.c
bugfood at bugfood:/tmp$ ./a.out
value: 0
bugfood at bugfood:/tmp$ echo $?
9
bugfood at bugfood:/tmp$ sed -i s://::g rtc.c
bugfood at bugfood:/tmp$ gcc rtc.c
bugfood at bugfood:/tmp$ ./a.out
value: 0
bugfood at bugfood:/tmp$ echo $?
255

So, I guess the ioctl fails, but I don't know if that's what you're
looking for. MPlayer runs fine with rtc timing on my machine.

-Corey