[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: h264+aac in lavf mp4

Erik Slagter erik at slagter.name
Sat Mar 25 22:14:46 CET 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-25 at 21:07 +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:

> > BTW it's not the audio that gives problems. There is simply no picture..
> > Mplayer, ffplay and vlc agree.
>
> hmm, does x264 encoding through lavc work? (maybe you need to add a
> HAVE/CONFIG_X264 into some config.* for lavc-x264)

Raw encoding to h264 using mencoder does work fine. I use the -ovc x264
interface rather than the lavc interface because it has saner defaults
imho.

> note: yes with vglobal=1

This implies using the lavc interface? I can test it, but it doesn't
have my preference.

[ ... testing ... ]

Yes, this works, even when encoding using b frames, tested with mplayer
and vlc, maybe vlc is as tolerant as mplayer, so maybe it's still
incorrect.

But I'd really rather use the native x264 interface... I know it's not
easy to make ffmpeg use the same defaults as the mencoder x264
interface.