[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: Custom input

Alban Bedel albeu at free.fr
Fri Mar 24 19:40:34 CET 2006

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006 18:07:56 +0100
Rok <stefanic_rok at siol.net> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have just made my custom input for mplayer. But I have a problem with
> dealing with sending commands to it.
>
> An input has functions ..._input_init() ..._input_read(), where read()
> function should return an int.
>
> I don't know what to return in read() function for example to achieve
> MP_CMD_SEEK effect. I have tried to send back te (ASCII) space char
> which works and pauses the player, but I want to be able to send
> commands which are listed in input.h file such are MP_CMD_SEEK or
> MP_CMD_PAUSE...
>
> Can anybody help me how this is done?

If you want to send commands than you must register a command fd,
not a key one. Key can be rebounds, so sending key events to get a
specific behaviour/command is wrong.
You didn't give any details about what you are trying to do exactly,
but unless you are adding support for a new kind of device, you
probaly want to use the slave mode or -input file with a fifo.

	Albeu