[MPlayer-dev-eng] Missing path for XviD header on Makefile

Derek E. Lewis dlewis at solnetworks.net
Fri Mar 24 14:56:52 CET 2006

On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Roberto Gordo Saez wrote:

> Maybe to OPTFLAGS ?

This bug has already been submitted by myself (search for "X264_INC" and
"XVID_INC").  Originally, I submitted a fix to do away with X264_INC,
X264_LIB, etc.; however, it would be best if the entire build system was
re-done to ellminate *all* usage of *_INC and *_LIB -- it just promotes
inconsistency between MPlayer and ffmpeg.  Take for example that ffmpeg
actually does use DTS_LIB, but not XVID_LIB or X264_LIB.

This also means the --with-*inc and --with-*lib garbage will disappear,
and the user will instead use --with-extra*, which uses EXTRA_LIB and
EXTRA_INC (ffmpeg uses these, too).

If all goes well, I should have a patch ready in a week.  Elliminating all
the trash in 'configure' and the rest of the build system is going to be a
pain, but I'm up for the task. An extensive review of my patch will be
needed, as well, given that I don't work with Linux, *BSD, or Windows,
which is where the majority of MPlayer features/users reside.