[MPlayer-dev-eng] audio_out.c question

Jan Knutar jknutar at nic.fi
Thu Mar 23 19:48:49 CET 2006

On Thursday 23 March 2006 19:00, Rich Felker wrote:

> Laptops route it to the headphones and allow you to control the
> volumes. Oldschool soundcards like I use allow you to route the
> pcspeaker line thru them too. I dunno about other hardware.

My windows box with i815 based integrated-everything routes both
soundboard and pc speaker through pc speaker, unless you connect
something to the headphone socket, in which case both pc speaker
and sounboard ends up in headphones/speakers.

My fairly new cmi-something board atleast seems to have pc speaker
entry in alsamixer, though I haven't checked if there's an actual header
on the actual hardware for it :)