[MPlayer-dev-eng] audio_out.c question

Ivan Kalvachev ikalvachev at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 09:23:44 CET 2006

2006/3/22, Mitch Golden <mgolden at mitchgolden.com>:
> I am new to this list but I have a question about the code in
> libao2/audio_out.c.  I am running on Linux Fedora Core 4, using KDE.
[...]
> My suggested ordering has artsd first, then alsa, then oss.  Of course
> this is true on my Linux system, and I don't know what should be done with
> some of the others.
>
> Forgive me if this is something that's been discussed before.  If people
> agree with me, I can make a patch.

We may forgive your sins if you read the whole manual three times and
repeat "RTFM" 20 times.
;)

Try to find out what `mplayer -ao arts,esd,oss,alsa,` does.(it's the
same as putting "ao=arts,esd,oss,alsa,"

Wrappers usage is not recommended because they make synchronization
harder. The slowdown they cause is secondary issue.