[MPlayer-dev-eng] [RFC] pre8: regressions, critical bugs and activities

Giacomo Comes comes at naic.edu
Mon Mar 20 16:19:59 CET 2006

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 10:42:37PM +0100, Roberto Togni wrote:
[...]
> Critical bugs:
> - none that i know (remaining Coverity reports are mainly small memleaks
> and some use of uninitialized variables in error cases, i don't consider
> them critical for release)

There is an annoing bug still there, but probably not critical:
if you encode 6 channels ac3 audio with libavcodec the order of the encoded
channels is wrong. In order to have a correct channels order it is necessary to
add -af channels=6:6:0:0:4:1:1:2:2:3:3:4:5:5 (the problem exist only with
6 and 5 channels encoding, it works correctly with 4 channels).
I have tryed to find where the problem is but got lost.
Does anybody have a clue were to look? Or, even better, how to fix it?

Giacomo