[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: h264+aac in lavf mp4

Erik Slagter erik at slagter.name
Sun Mar 19 19:00:06 CET 2006

On Sun, 2006-03-19 at 17:17 +0100, Baptiste COUDURIER wrote:

> It seems extradata from x264 is not passed to lavf muxer. avcC atom is
> empty.

Hmmm. But that's not the reason mplayer cannot play the result, mplayer
can play files without avcC atom.

> I was more referring to mp4 muxing in lavf. Mencoder does not pass
> correct dts to lavf muxer ? May I suggest to use ffmpeg then ?

I certainly would like, as ffmpeg does the right thing for b-frames, but
I guess I'll have to wait until it supports filtering :-) I need the
dering and hqdn3d filters to smoothen out broadcast-quality/bitrate
material. Hmmm, the in-loop filter of h264 of course already does
some...