[MPlayer-dev-eng] another RGB ordering fix for altivec

Erik Slagter erik at slagter.name
Sun Mar 19 11:02:35 CET 2006

On Sat, 2006-03-18 at 12:16 -0500, Rich Felker wrote:

> > And what a wonderful dogma that is! It's probably why mplayer is one of the
> > few packages for which a recursive, indiscriminate `indent --gnu' would be an
> > improvement.
>
> gnu indention is the most horrible abomination imaginable. suggesting
> such crap is tantamount to trolling and will not win you many friends
> here.

There little things this much influenced by personal taste as coding
style, which, if you think about it, isn't that strange.

So calling someone names because of a preference for a coding style is
futile and disrespectful. If I would be complaining about everyone that
does not adhere to _my_ preferred coding, I'd really have a day job just
insulting people.

A project either has a mandatory coding style (which probably nobody
really agrees with, but that's at least a standard), in which you can
require developers to comply with it OR there is NO reason at all to
complain about coding style. From the source it looks like there is
actually no mandatory coding style, so.... if someone wants to use
indent (at all) to format it's (submitted) patches to mplayer, I am
afraid there no real reason to deny them (or insult).