[MPlayer-dev-eng] liabf/af.c translatables to help_mp

Reynaldo H. Verdejo Pinochet reynaldo at opendot.cl
Thu Mar 16 18:33:20 CET 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 01:35:14PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> On Thursday, 16 March 2006 at 11:57, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> > Hi,
> > On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 11:14:29AM +0100, Alex Beregszaszi wrote:
> > > mp_msg and translated messaging residing in help_*.h. Why not using
> > > gettext for that translation matter as any other sane project?
> >
> > Because it seems to need setlocale, which in turn breaks MPlayer all oer
> > the place. Or in other words: gettext: broken as designed.
>
> I think Rich suggested using catgets not so long ago.
>
> R.

So, how will it be after all?

This is not the first time we step into this discussion. What I'd like to
ask is for every dev insterested to spend a few minutes to state his opinion
towards one of the already discused solutions.

Im more inclined to use catgets than GNU gettext in case anyone cares, I
know the former is somewhat faster.

Best regards

   Reynaldo