[MPlayer-dev-eng] liabf/af.c translatables to help_mp

Alex Beregszaszi alex at fsn.hu
Thu Mar 16 11:14:29 CET 2006

Hi,

> > > Ok to commit?
> >
> > I don't know... IIRC it uses af_msg instead of mp_msg so it will work
> > without MPlayer. I guess this would break that...
>
> Alex complained about this some time ago.  Try catching him on IRC to OK
> the patch, I doubt he will read this message.

I'm following this, but thought that if I say no, a new patch will come
for the same issue as it came a year ago. I dislike the whole mp_msg
system, it's broken help_*.h files and spreading it among the libraries
in mplayer as mad. One could patch the included libfaad to be using
mp_msg and translated messaging residing in help_*.h. Why not using
gettext for that translation matter as any other sane project?

That way we wouldnt even depend on our own mp_msg system.

Alex Beregszaszi	email: alex at fsn.hu
Free Software Network	cell: +36 70 3144424