[MPlayer-dev-eng] Re: MPlayer-dev-eng Digest, Vol 39, Issue 29

Rich Felker dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Mar 13 16:57:26 CET 2006

On Mon, Mar 13, 2006 at 03:17:38PM +0100, Erik Slagter wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-03-13 at 00:32 +0000, xyzzy at speakeasy.net wrote:
>
> > Join the club of people who tried to contribute to mplayer and were attacked
> > for it.  Rich simply hates everyone and everything.  Don't bother trying to
> > reason with them, they don't care.  No matter what you say or do they will
> > just flame you.
>
> If it were just Rich then it wouldn't be that hard...

Look, I'm tired of these accusations. I explained tersely but
completely that developing proprietary codecs is not "contributing to
MPlayer" but rather making more work for the many dedicated volunteers
who reverse engineer this stuff. I have a strong disgust for the
people who do this and I don't pretend to hide it.

Sometimes I do flame people needlessly and come off as very harsh
because I'm in a bad mood or something, but this is not such a case.
Whenever Greeks come bearing 'gifts' I get treated like Cassandra.. :)

Rich