[MPlayer-dev-eng] Released Aud-X codec DLL

Marek Dziubinski Aud-X marek.dziubinski at aud-x.com
Sun Mar 12 21:32:29 CET 2006

> Making a new proprietary closed format is not friendly to us. It's
> hostile to us.
OK. I understand this.

> > Once again:
> > - VDM is fully released (the whole source code - please check it out).
> > - I am sorry, I meant AC3ACM, not AC3enc. It was also
> > only modify to comply with VDM. The whole project (source code as well)
> > will be released probably next week.

> But not this new audio codec you want us to support? Why should we
> help you push a new closed proprietary format? If no one is using your
> format already, it's in our best interest to keep it that way, unless
> you plan on publishing source or specs. Otherwise we're just
> contributing to the rise of new closed codecs.

OK. I hope that Aud-X owners will decide to make it open source some day...
As I said, it is not my decision.
Anyway, thank you for all the information.
I was asked to find out wether MPlayer guys will be interested in it.
So I did....
My role ends here...I have found out the answer.
Take care.

Marek.