[MPlayer-dev-eng] Released Aud-X codec DLL

Marek Dziubinski Aud-X marek.dziubinski at aud-x.com
Sun Mar 12 15:30:39 CET 2006

Hi,
thank you for replies.

Yes it is legal.

I.e. we have modified some open source projects,
such as AC3enc, and VirtualDubMod.
VDM (the complete project) is released on our site.
AC3enc will be released soon (sorry for the delay, so many things to do...).

We also used LAME, but as far as I am concerned,
there were no modifications necessary (i.e. Aud-X spatial codding
is a separate thing, than the psychoacoustic engine from LAME mp3).
But if it will be necessary, it can be also published on www.aud-x.com
(no need, since there are no modifications)

Since I am only Aud-X developer (not the project owner),
I can speak only for myself... I wish it would be an open source project.

But it isn't...

Therefore only DLLs are available for encoding and decoding.
I hope this is not very discouraging for you guys, because I (and thousends
of other users) find this project useful and interesting.
And it is free...even though not open source...

In case of further questions,
I'd be happy to provide more info.

Cheers,
Marek