[MPlayer-dev-eng] Total duration of a MPEG2 TS Stream

Nico Sabbi nsabbi at email.it
Thu Mar 2 12:07:18 CET 2006

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> While I'm at it, here's my experience with MPEG muxing with MEncoder:
>
> Some time ago (about 6 month), I tried to remux a MPEG file (I think
> it was a PS, not TS, but does it make a difference?),

a world of difference

> in order to get
> the timestamps correct and be able to reliably jump from one part of
> the movie to the other, as well as get the full duration of the movie.
> Unfortunately, I was getting lots of warning (buffer underflow and
> stuff like that), which didn't seem to indicate that what I was doing
> was right, and the A/V sync was off, so I didn't push further my
> invertigations with MPlayer's MPEG muxer.
>
> Later on, I tried lavf muxer, and it worked a lot better: no spam and
> correct A/V sync.
>
> Since then (about 1-2 weeks ago), I've used lavf MPEG in order to
> extract a 2000 frames sample from the middle of a movie, which worked,
> but left the audio out.
> If I was remuxing the whole movie, the audio was not left out.
>
> I don't know if those problems are known by you Nico (they certainly
> are), but I figured that it's better to talk now than stay silent.
>
> Guillaume

I already started to rework the muxer.
Certain parts are complete and much simpler, others (the most difficult
part of the code) need more work.

 Sponsor:
 Cartucce, toner, ricariche...scegli a chi rivolgerti per la tua stampante. Clicca qui
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=4198&d=2-3