[MPlayer-dev-eng] mp3lib license; backport to mpg123

Thomas Orgis thomas-forum at orgis.org
Mon Jun 26 11:48:46 CEST 2006

Hi!

I'm working on a new release of mpg123 (yes, afer a looong time) and noted some interesting stuff in MPlayer's  mp3lib directory.
You have 3DNow!Ext, altivec assembler and SSE pending (I was notified of Zuxy's posting of such a patch here).

I'd like to include your impovements.

I understand that MPlayer is GPL as a whole - I want to make mpg123 as much LGPL as possible, since I want to serve mpglib and mpg123 from the same source in future (mpglib is used in many LGPL ways).

I'd like to have some voice stating clearly that the files you added are indeed GPL and I'd be overly happy if the authors could make them LGPL for me.
Btw., the same holds true for some files you took from mpg123 (3DNow, MMX) since I was unable to track down the original authors.
I someone here has some contacts that are still alive...

Zuxy: You are hopefully more easy to track down - Can I use your SSE patch under LGPL?

Greetings,

Thomas Orgis.