[MPlayer-dev-eng] xvmc crop patch

DivXero at gmx.net DivXero at gmx.net
Fri Jun 23 19:42:42 CEST 2006

Attached, find an xvmc crop patch. It's pretty simple to use and useful for xvmc users. For instance, it helps me crop out the garbage at the top of a broadcast (TV) video. Since panscan doesn't help with vertical cropping, this is the only way I can remove the annoying (teletext?) garbage.

Syntax-wise, it's quite similar to vf_crop's syntax:

Usage: mplayer -vc ffmpeg12mc -vo xvmc:crop=WxH[+X+Y]
(X and Y offsets are optional, if not given, image is centered)

So for example, I use "-vo xvmc:crop=1912x1048" to "overscan" the edges from a 1080i HDTV broadcast.

I know it's not the prettiest patch you've ever seen, but it's a very important feature for me so if someone could clean it up a bit and commit it, that would be great.

Cheers,
ben9