[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer Support for PPC/PPC64

Romain Dolbeau romain at dolbeau.org
Mon Jun 19 10:44:02 CEST 2006

Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> Hmm... I find shell accounts extremely pointless for multimedia
> development. Though the fact that I use modem most of the time adds to
> that...

For performance & conformance, shell acounts are a beggining.
If you need the GUI (monster & shark on OSX comes to mind),
VNC can do the job nicely ; OSXvnc even allow multiple
concurrent sessions on 10.4.

A G5 would be nice to improve & optimize 64 bits and/or
SIMD support, in particular if it comes with an XLC license
(gcc register allocator really, really sucks sometimes:
see the comments above hadamard8_diff16x8_altivec in
dsputil_altivec.c) as we might be able to allow compilation
with XLC.

I can give the G5 a home, but on a 2M/128k line (24/24).

--
Romain Dolbeau
<romain at dolbeau.org>