[MPlayer-dev-eng] Error when linking with libass support

Sun Jun 18 15:12:48 CEST 2006

Sorry for not posting it into the ass support thread, I don't have any
posts from it.

When I tried to compile recent svn mplayer with advanced ass support, I
get this error:

libass/libass.a(ass_render.o)(.text+0x341d): In function `ass_render_event':
ass_render.c: undefined reference to `FT_GlyphSlot_Oblique'

It used to work some time before.

I have freetype 2.1.9, it's the latest FC4 update. It doesn't export
such symbol. Maybe the newest freetype does, but it's a pretty critical
system component and it can break a lot, so upgrading is not an option.

Can this be fixed somehow?

--

Vladimir