[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer Support for PPC/PPC64

Luca Barbato lu_zero at gentoo.org
Sat Jun 17 15:39:40 CEST 2006

Guillaume POIRIER wrote:

> As far as I'm concerned, I'd love to get a G5 and give out shell
> accounts to developers.

Please do ^^

> I've always wanted to get a PPC machine, but never quite did it
> because of the price...

Something is boiling around power.org, you should have a look in the
next weeks =)

> However, if any of you guys think you are best suited to get it, this
> issue if of course open for discussion.

Having more people working on ppc means that I'll have less to do myself
alone. If there is somebody ppcless willing to start playing with a nice
arch with less constraints about register usage and a quite simple to
use and nice to deploy SIMD extension, please raise his/her hand.

Still I wonder what Robert MacFarlan is proposing, btw is he subscribed?

lu

--

Luca Barbato

Gentoo/linux Gentoo/PPC