[MPlayer-dev-eng] MPlayer Support for PPC/PPC64

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 12:58:52 CEST 2006

Hi,

On 6/17/06, Luca Barbato <lu_zero at gentoo.org> wrote:
> Robert MacFarlan wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I see from your website that you are interested in providing improved
> > support for PPC if something like a Power Mac G5 could be provided.  Is
> > this still the case?
> >

> Currently there aren't many people (3?) doing some work on PPC specific
> optimizations. We are trying our best but surely some help would be
> appreciated.

As far as I'm concerned, I'd love to get a G5 and give out shell
accounts to developers.
I've always wanted to get a PPC machine, but never quite did it
because of the price...

However, if any of you guys think you are best suited to get it, this
issue if of course open for discussion.

Guillaume
--
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm."
 -- Winston Churchill