[MPlayer-dev-eng] mp4, vfr and timestamps

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Fri Jun 16 13:19:48 CEST 2006

Uoti Urpala wrote:
> What kind of logic is that? How do you get from MPlayer not reading some
> parts of the file to the belief that the file isn't invalid?

Quote (from the pdf):
The composition time to sample table is optional and must only be
present if DT and CT differ for any samples.

I didn't came up with the idea that my file is invalid, it was Michael.
I think my file is perfectly valid, it's just mplayer isn't reading all
the required informations that are needed to replay the video correctly.
But I haven't read enough of the standard to be able to tell whether
this behavior is allowed or not.

tom