[MPlayer-dev-eng] displaying thumbnail images along with video in mplayer

Somnath Banerjee somnath.banerjee at gmail.com
Fri Jun 16 12:59:36 CEST 2006

Hi,

     I need to modify the mplayer code so that it can display some images
also while the video is being played (kind of similar to the way Google
video displays the keyframes). The scenario is like following.

    - Let say at the bottom of the mplayer screen 5 thumbnail images (of
keyframes or something else) will be displayed. (image generation and all is
handled by different algorithm).

    Can you tell me in broad level what is the best way to achieve this. I
mean what are the things I need to modify so that mplayer displays thumbnail
images at the bottom of the screen.

     I'm very new to mplayer and not getting any idea where and how to
start. Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Somnath