[MPlayer-dev-eng] mp4, vfr and timestamps

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Fri Jun 16 12:34:29 CEST 2006

Tomas Carnecky wrote:
> Who is wrong here, gpac, x264 or mplayer? Is offset always supposed to
> be zero?

Reading through the gpac source, I can see that the CTS offset is read
from a 'ctts' box, which is described as '(composition) time to sample'
in a pdf I've found. But mplayer doesn't read this box, it only reads
'stts', which is described as '(decoding) time-to-sample'.
The section 8.15.3.1 in [1] describes what the 'ctts' box is for.

And since mplayer doesn't read the 'ctts' table it doesn't know about
the correct timestamps. So please don't tell me the file is invalid.

tom

[1] http://www.jpeg.org/public/15444-3fpdam1.pdf