[MPlayer-dev-eng] mp4, vfr and timestamps

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Thu Jun 15 20:59:13 CEST 2006

On Thu, 2006-06-15 at 20:28 +0200, Tomas Carnecky wrote:
> Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> > until ppl realize that the muxer actually doesnt support vfr
> >

> So.. you say.. I shouldn't even bother trying to fix this?

If there are problems with the mp4 demuxer then fixing those is
certainly worthwhile. I'm not sure what Michael was talking about
("muxer" is about the encoding side, so maybe he thought you'll have
problems creating those vfr videos whatever playback support there is -
but you didn't seem to specify in detail how you'd create them so I
don't see how he could know for sure it won't work).